I’m excited to share my recent interview with my good colleague Wendy Hasenkamp on the Mind & Life podcast!
We cover some fascinating topics including:
- how my clinical psychotherapy practice informed my scientific research;
- the power of mindfulness meditation to heal and restore well-being;
- self-transcendence and non-dual states of consciousness;
- how addiction changes reward processing and attention in the brain;
- Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement (MORE), and its application to treating addiction and chronic pain;
- how reappraisal can help in difficult situations;
- the role of savoring and reconnecting with natural rewards;
- deconstructing pain;
- the effects of mindfulness meditation on brain function;
- and exciting results from a large clinical trial showing how effective MORE is, and how it might work.
Click here to listen now: https://podcast.mindandlife.org/eric-garland/ or you can subscribe to the show on Spotify or other preferred players. I hope you enjoy it!